Saturday, August 13, 2016

I am going vegan

Approximately last fortnight ago, I accidentally saw piles of disgusting pictures about animal cruelty behind our daily consumed food in one of my facebook friend’s timeline. Well, it did nauseate myself quite bad and I ended up swimming into tons of information of the food industry facts that I didn’t reckon before.
Ready eat meals are quite, if might say very, expensive here in London. So I prepare and cook almost every meal that I have everyday. There are several moments since I live here that I found the taste of the meat, either beef of chicken, blant. I did not find them tasty, but rather ruining my taste. The smell and the texture, somehow, sicken me.
Me myself was not particularly a big fan of meat either back then, I’ve been undergoing quite a healthy lifestyle with lots of vegs and fruits. However, I still thought that I need the proteins and nutrients from the meat, and I quite fancy some taste of them which are delicious such as salmon sashimi, etc; so I still consumed them routinely in my diet.
Yet, after doing some deep research about veganism, it gave me the new idea that actually we’re completely able to gain those essential nutrients from the plant-based sources! And the fact is there are many many people that actually benefit more after they’ve been undergoing the vegan lifestyle. They confide that they become more positive, energetic, less sluggish, loose weight, their skin become glowing, and they feel even more connected to the universe. Some male vegan could still grow great muscles, even better; and girls just have the lean body effortlessly, which was dreadfully toilsome before.
I don’t push myself too much for this, really. It happens naturally as it is more like a life call. I know my family and perhaps many of u, would not support this new lifestyle I am going to encounter, but I have committed myself to practice such kind of conscious-eating to myself. I would still respect your kind invitation to savour yummy dishes, albeit I would perhaps would not enjoy them as much since the loud painful process of the lives sacrificing behind the meal would keep reciting in my mind while I’m consuming them.


So here I am, doing what feels good to me :)



No comments: